Monday, January 24, 2011

It's definitely a Monday!!

I have felt pretty bad today. I did not sleep much at all last night. Some of it I'll blame on the dog for he was up several times during the night needing to be let out. Poor guy, his routine is all out of whack because of the weather. Tim hasn't walked him in several days because of the snow and ice. Of course, we let him out back on his chain, but I know it's not the same thing. Besides the dog interruptions, I screwed up by starting to watch a Lifetime movie!! I usually don't watch them too much, preferring the saccharine Hallmark movies instead. But, somehow this one got me hooked. I don't think it was over until 1 or 2 am. What was I thinking? Seriously, I should have known better.

I ended up going without my Mestinon for too long again. I took it, but it didn't help as much as it normally does. I'm wondering if the lack of sleep has anything to do with it? Tim and I went to the grocery late this afternoon, and I really had a hard time walking and breathing. We bought fried chicken for supper, and I let myself have one piece, and I took off most of the skin. I also had about a tablespoon or two of macaroni salad. I really did not eat much. I felt stuffed after I ate that small amount! It feels as if the food is just sitting in my stomach. I did start keeping a food diary today, so I'm hoping that will shed some light as to what is going on. Luckily, I didn't have any emergency trips to the bathroom today.

I worked some more on my list of things I want to discuss with Dr. S next week. I want to go in there with a clear head and organized thoughts. Even though I've only seen him one time, I feel real comfortable with him. I think he will continue to take me seriously. That is such a blessing.

Well, I suppose I should go. House is getting ready to come on, and I need my fix.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Not getting enough sleep will surely mess with your MG!

    Helpful Hint #1 Set up daily appointments in your cell phone calendar for the times you should take your Mestinon. *I set mine up as a recurring appointment in monthly blocks. That way I usually take mine right on time or darn close to it!

    And don't forget as Karl Malden always said "Don't leave home without it!!

    The list for Dr. S is a great idea, there are so many things you think of between appointments. My neuro puts the list I bring right in my chart.

    Hope your stomach feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Hallmark and Lifetime movies can sure keep you up at night LOL..esp. at Christmas time. We've all got our days and nights mixed up here. With Mark working 3rd shift...I'm just a mess!
    I meant to tell you that the rheumatologist that I'm being referred to is Dr. Sussay. He sees my Mom and sister. I've been having a lot of trouble going to sleep because I've been hurting so bad. I need to just take 2 of my pills to help with that..I'll be so glad when it warms up. This weather is about to do me in :(
    Both of our chi-chis (dogs) keep me up climbing around in and out of the covers. I think we need to get them heated dog beds..LOL
    It's nice that you have a blog..it is nice being able to read and leave comments..
    If you can leave me a comment on mine..then people that read mine will sometimes click and check you out too :)
    Love & Hugs..Jerelene

    ReplyDelete