Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Feelin' Bad & I Got the Blues...

I woke up this morning, and I am having trouble breathing. It's my chest muscles. They feel so heavy and weak; it scares me. I'm resting, so hopefully I'll get better. I need to take one of my Mestinon, but that would mean I would have to get up and get something to eat first. So, I wait. I know I have been doing too much. I'm so glad I'm taking Mestinon, but it has the effect of making me feel "almost normal." But, I'm not normal (wipe that smirk off your face, please. :)). Even with the Mestinon my body needs to rest. I guess this episode is just a memo from my body telling me to take it easy. I think I'm trying to come down with the cold Tim has. Of course, that will not help my MG at all; all the more reason to get more rest.

Life sure can be a roller coaster of emotions, can't it? Especially when you're a premenopausal, chronically ill and 48 years old. I'm in a funk these days. The endless cloudy, cold, snowy days do not help. The past few day, I seem to have to push myself to do almost everything. I just want to stay in bed and not do anything but read (shout out to the fine folks at Amazon for making that happen. I love my Kindle). I seem to be able to handle going to work, but anything other than that seems too difficult. For example, Elizabeth has a dentist appointment after school. It will probably take all of twenty minutes, but I'm dreading it more than she is (I doubt she's even dreading it; that girl has perfect teeth!). I would like to go to the mall and walk because I think that could really help me. Maybe I'll go after work. I'll I can do is try. I've also been putting off coloring my hair; that has not helped my mood at all. Every time I look in the mirror I see the result of my procrastination (and my aging body lol). Grrrrr!!!!!

On a more positive note. Yesterday, I received the nicest card in the mail. It was such a surprise. My best friend from high school sent it. The best part is that it is handmade. She always was real crafty. I must have been busy talking when they were handing out the "gift of craftiness". Oh, well, we all have our own gifts, don't we? Receiving her card made me realize how my card ministry really can brighten someone's day. By the way, I have sent out two cards in the past few weeks. I really need to sit down and write a few more. Oh, I have an idea. Maybe I could do that while Elizabeth is in with the dentist. Maybe if I have a bag I could take with me with things to do while I'm waiting it will help me not dread waiting so much. Tomorrow night will be another night when I need to be out. It's my turn to drive home from dance lessons, so I'll have an hour to fill. I could take my cards, my Kindle, my Bible Study book, etc.

Well, I did take a Mestinon, and my breathing is much better. I need to get ready for work. My goals for the day: work, rest, take Elizabeth to the dentist, make a decent supper, and color my hair. Gee, just writing it all out is making me dread the day. Baby steps. Baby steps.

Have a blessed day everyone!

Shari

Update: I accomplished quite a bit today. I went to walk at the mall. I only made it ten minutes. But, it's a start. I also colored my hair. I feel soo much better now. I made supper at noon, so that is ready to go whenever we are hungry. Oh, Elizabeth came home from school and said the roads were horrible (it's been snowing a few hours), so we canceled her dentist appointment! Yahoo!! It doesn't take a whole lot to make me happy. Now, I'm just praying Katie makes it home ok. She has class until 9:00 pm.

.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel~I am and I'm not. It's complicated. Sorry I haven't been in touch much. :(

    ReplyDelete