Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Lot of Randomness

Today has been one heck (yes, I'm trying to be nice) of a day. I made it into work today and stayed for about three hours. Then, I had some errands to run. By the time I made it back home, I had to get horizontal fast! I didn't chat much with Tim; I just went straight to bed. I made the mistake of dozing without getting a real nap and that brought on a major headache. I haven't had one this bad in a long time. I'm very disoriented and panicky with it. I used to get these quite often and I  believe Neurontin has helped cut down the frequency of this type of a headache. My guess is that it is some migraine. I know my triggers for these kinds of headaches....very warm weather in the winter (we hit 70 today!), being on my period (I know TMI again), not eating enough, and dozing without sleeping for very long. Today I hit three of the four triggers. Tylenol hasn't helped. It's not a severe headache; it's just weird. I feel all medicine heady; you know how you feel when you take cold medicine? Well, that's how I feel; except, I haven't had any cold medicine. Oh well, enough about that.

I don't know why, but for some reason, I find myself thinking a lot these days about what Tim and I will do when he retires. What will I be able to do? Neither one of us is very athletic or outdoorsy. Although, we do like to be outside when the weather is nice. Tim likes to travel. And, in the past, I haven't been able to do much of that with him. I'm hoping that I'll be able to do more of that since the Mestinon seems to be helping me. We used to play cards; that might be something we could do again. Of course, we like to watch TV and movies, but one can only do so much of that before they feel as if their brain is turning to mush. I've been racking my brain trying to come up with possible shared hobbies we could have. We both like to cook. Maybe we could take a cooking class? I know every couple must face this once the kids leave the nest, and they retire, but being chronically ill adds a whole other dimension to this issue. Whatever we do it will probably have to be a sedentary activity.

Well, I should go. I'm going to do a little bit of housework, then call it a night. I'm completely wiped out from today.

Nighty nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment