Saturday, March 5, 2011

Blessings, Burdens and Books

I feel so loved. It's as if God knows how much I've been struggling these past few days, so he sent some "angels" my way. It started off Thursday morning at CVS Pharmacy of all places. I went there to pick up Tim's medicine, and my favorite pharmacist happened to be there. She's the one who prayed with me in the store when I (very fearfully) first started taking my MG medication. She was concerned because she hadn't seen me in so long. She asked me how I was doing and then told me that she prays for me every day. Wow! Just wow! How's that for customer service?

Later that same day, I got a call from a friend. She did have a specific question, which was fine, but she made sure to ask how I was feeling. We talked for only a few minutes as she was at work, but it made my day. Yesterday, I got a call from an old friend, and we ended up talking for nearly an hour! She's been going through some tough times herself. I guess we all have our burdens. These three "God things" (as my friend Cindy would have called them) really blessed me. The fact that within one days time, three people that I rarely talk to reached out to me when I really needed it, seems like it was more than a coincidence. At least that's what I choose to believe.

Besides making me feel special, these acts of kindness make me see how reaching out to others is a blessing in itself; how my card ministry can help someone. It reallly is the little things in life that make the biggest difference.

I'm not quite sure what is going on with me. I guess it's obvious that I'm in some sort a flair. Remember a few days ago when I said I didn't over do it? Well, I guess I did...that day and the next. I felt bad on Thursday;  I was weak and had trouble breathing. But, yesterday was the scariest. Tim and I had run a few errands in the morning. We really weren't gone that long, maybe about an hour. We got home, and I set up camp in the living room on the couch. Within a few minutes, it hit me! I suddenly became so weak. I knew I had to get to bed fast. After a detour to the restroom, I finally made it to bed. I felt the way I used to feel before I started on the Mestinon. I was having trouble with pain and weakness in my jaw, breathing difficulty and just overall weakness. I quickly took a quarter of a Mestinon (you are allowed to take extra if you are having acute or severe symptoms). I fell asleep for an hour or so, and when I woke up, I was some better. These episodes really scare me! It seems as though I am having more of them lately and I don't quite know what to think of that. I don't know whether I need to up my dose of Mestinon, or whether I just need to learn to pace myself. I sure am frustrated with all of it, though.

So, I know I've blogged about my love affair with my Kindle. I have been a reading machine since I got it for Christmas. My latest read is a true story (Gray Matter) written by a neurosurgeon. It's his story about how he started offering to pray for his patients before surgery. He talks about his fears about what might happen when he approaches his patient's to pray. Then, he goes on to talk about how his patients and their families reacted and what happened to them both spiritually and physically. I have always been fascinated with stories of those with a scientific mind and their faith. To see it in action, especially in the medical profession, is truly inspiring. This book was a free Kindle Ebook. Thus far, I have been very happy with all of the books that are free. They have all been good reads, and I haven't been disappointed.

Today, we have a birthday party to go to for Tim's Uncle. Other than that, I will probably try and rest. I have to get a few hours in for work, though. Yesterday, I didn't work at all, so I feel as if I'm behind. We really do depend on both my Social Security Disability and my paycheck from my part time job. We are on Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan; working our way out of debt. By July 4, 2012, I hope we will be debt free. I purposely picked that day for the significance of it being Independence Day. From that day on we will be independent, free from debt. I think once we get there I can cut back my work hours, but until then, I want to work as much as I am physically able. I never work any more than 20 hours a week, and normally, it's only about 15 hours a week. I don't think I would be able to work as much as I do if I had to go to an office every day. I am only working about 5 hours a week from the office now; the rest is from home.

Well, I guess I've rambled on long enough. Have a great day everyone.

Shari

The miracle is this--the more we share, the more we have.~Leonard Nimoy

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I really enjoyed talking to you the other day :)
    I hope you have had a good weekend and that you aren't feeling weak or hurting. I will definately call you tuesday and let you know how it went for me.
    Love the pic of Elmo planning his day ;)
    Big hugs!! Jerelene

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great talking to you too Jerelene! Do let me know about tomorrow. I'll be praying for you. Glad you like the pic of Elmo; I had my planner on the bed and he just happened to have his paws all over it, so we thought it was a good photo op. lol Love, Sharon

    ReplyDelete