Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dogs In Charge and Other Pressing Info

Last night was a long night. It wasn't the pain that kept me up. It wasn't hot flashes that kept me up. And, it wasn't a sick kid that kept me up. What was it? It was a twelve pound Yorkie named Elmo (I've added his picture to my blog). He runs the show around here. Here's what happened: Around 2 a.m. I got up to go to the bathroom. I guess I wasn't quiet enough, and I woke the dog. He started barking, so I tried to get him to let me let him out. But, he would have no part of it. He had food in his bowl, so I knew that wasn't the problem. Well, that wasn't exactly the case. He had food, but it was DOG FOOD! Imagine that! He had a late night hankering for a little bit of ham! He went and stood in front of the fridge until I got some ham out and put it in his bowl. After he had eaten it up, he was ready to go outside. Then, after he came in, he was ready to go back to bed pretty quickly. It took a while for me to get back to sleep, of course. I may get a nap in before the day is over.

Today has been a very productive day. Don't worry; I haven't over-done things. I've been real good about pacing myself. I've had to push myself because I'm still not quite over "the blues." I realized it had been since November that I gave Social Security copies of my pay stubs. I don't think I've ever gone this long before without getting them in. I made copies of them today, and I plan on dropping them off tomorrow. That will be a load off of my shoulders. I worked for a few hours this morning from here at home. I need to get a few more hours in tonight though because my paycheck isn't going to be much at this rate. I do have to go into the office on Friday to train a new girl, but that should only be for a few hours.

On a more serious note, I would like to ask for prayer for my sister. She had a chest Xray for suspected pneumonia (which they did confirm), and they found what they are calling a mass or tumor. The follow-up CT scan showed the same thing. She sees the pulmonologist tomorrow morning. She's 51 years old and a non-smoker. I hope those things are in her favor. I hope it doesn't take too long for the doctors to figure out exactly what's wrong. My sister means the world to me. We fought like cats and dogs as children, but as adults, we are very close. I can't imagine going through life without her.

In case you hadn't noticed, I added some links to my blog. One is a link to a playlist of relaxation videos I put together on YouTube. The other links are to chronic illness sites. If you have a favorite link that you think would make a nice addition to my blog, please let me know so I can add it.

Until next time.
Shari

Never, never, never give up.~Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment