Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I'm So Discouraged!!

I just hate that I am dealing with yet another health problem. Yes, I know this may go away and never return, but it is already doing damage by affecting my baseline level of functioning. I need to be positive because there is always a chance that I could rebound to my previous level. Yesterday, I started the process of tapering down some of my meds (the ones for the back pain). I took a half a Lortab instead of a whole one. Today I'm only going to take the muscle relaxer two times instead of three.

I have made some progress. I can now get out of bed without too much pain. I can walk with my walker or cane. I prefer the walker as it does help give me some stability. So, this morning I told Tim I wanted him to help me with some housework. I thought I'd work along with him. Bad idea! I'm in so much pain now! And, it's not just my back, it's my legs and arms too. I'm back in bed for at least a few hours. I really would like to go outside later today as it's supposed to get up to 60 degrees plus the sun is shining!!

I called the doctor's office yesterday to see if they'd received my MRI results. The nurse said she wasn't sure if the doctor had them yet or not. It really doesn't matter much what the MRI shows because I'm sure we would treat it the same way. Although I'm guessing, I might be sent to PT depending on what the MRI shows. I know my discs are protruding, I'm just not sure how bad it is. Hopefully, I'll know something today.

I'll end this "Whine Fest" here. I'm sure my readers (all five of you ;)) will be happy about that.

Have a great day!

"There are two ways of meeting difficulties: you alter the difficulties, or you alter yourself to meet them." ~Phyllis Battome

2 comments:

  1. Shari, I hope you start to feel better soon!
    Sending good thoughts your way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, I am doing better! Thanks for the good thoughts. They are always appreciated. I'll try and send you a message in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete