Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Must Read with Caffeine!

I really don't have a whole lot to talk about these days. Those of you who know me are probably falling out of your chairs (or bed) about now. Things have been pretty much the same. Which, I guess, is a good thing when you are dealing with a chronic illness. I have had some swelling and pain in my knees and ankles again, but it's not as bad as the first flair up. It did seem to go away for a few weeks, though. Maybe it's just the osteoarthritis? We have cool, rainy weather, and I know that can affect those with arthritis. I've been having trouble sleeping again; it's been so hard to keep myself awake during the day. For awhile, I had a pretty good routine of getting an afternoon nap; now, I can't seem to do that.

I'm continuing to have good results with the MG medicine (Mestinon). I can almost tell when it is wearing off. I'm so thankful that I'm able to take it without any side effects. I'm going to make an appointment with my neurologist for sometime late this spring or early summer. She's three hours away from here, so we do have to do some planning. I can't drive that far, so Tim has to take off work to take me. I really want to get her opinion on the MG diagnosis and whether or not she feels we still need to be worried about Mitochondrial Disease.

So, I've decided to give up chocolate for Lent. No, I'm not Catholic, just a Protestant girl wanting to make a sacrifice. Let me tell you; this will be hard! I have some chocolate every day. At first, I wasn't going to do it; I really do not want to give up my chocolate! But, I kept thinking about it and decided that I should probably try. I'm hoping to lose a few pounds along the way. I had a cupcake today (strawberry, not chocolate). I'm wondering if that is fair??? I mean, here I am already replacing chocolate with a cupcake. In my defense, yesterday I probably would have had both the cupcake and some chocolate, so I guess that means something.

It's spring break time around here. And, all three kids have a different break. Katie's is this week, and she's visiting her boyfriend in Florida. Aaron's break is next week, and he got home today. Elizabeth's is the week after next! Whew! I feel like I have a Bed and Breakfast. I really do enjoy them being home. I just wish they had break the same week. Next year, Elizabeth will be going to the same college as Katie so theirs will be the same. It's not spring break weather here. The weather people are saying are rain my change to snow tonight. I don't think any of it will stick, though. Hopefully, the weather will turn more spring-like soon.

I thought I'd mention my sister again, as I know I said something about her in my blog last week. She has to have a Bronchoscopy done this Friday. The doctor won't be able to tell what they are dealing with until he can look around her lung and snip some tissue for a biopsy. Of course, we are all hoping that she just has an infection and nothing more. Thanks for prayers and good thoughts for her and her family.

Tim has to go out of town late this week. It's basketball playoff time, and that means I won't see him until April! It's his job, so I don't feel nearly as neglected as I would if he was just running all over the country to watch basketball. I miss him when he's gone. He's gone so much of the time when he's in town that you'd think it wouldn't bother me, but I guess just the fact that he's so far away makes it more difficult. Sometimes, I enjoy being alone. I can do whatever I want to do, eat whenever I want to eat, and watch whatever I want to watch on TV. But, after a while that gets old. I won't have to worry about being lonely this week as Aaron will be here a lot.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. I'm going to try and catch a nap before I start supper (beef stew!)

(((hugs))))

Shari

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the weather is causing a bit of a flair up...Sending prayers and good thoughts for your sister, hope all goes well...I know how you feel about spring, it won't come soon enough for me either...Good luck with your chocolate sacrifice, once when I gave it up I kept substituting Vienna Fingers, needless to say I ate way to many of them, so now when I give up chocolate I also give up Vienna Fingers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shari - you are sounding so great!!! Your prayers have been answered this past year and hopefully, you will continue to respond so well to the medication. I was reading about MG and it said something about having to eat Hershey kisses daily, if you really want to see improvement :)

    I hope your sister made out well today. She must have been really anxious - I have a good feeling about the results - keep me posted!
    XO
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete