Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Reality Check

So, yesterday, and this morning, I was just going along living my life like a perfectly healthy person. The trouble is, I'm not a healthy person. I really love the fact that I have medicine that I can take for the Myasthenia; however, the medicine I'm taking just treats the symptoms, it does not treat the disease process. What this means is that it totally messes with your mind! It tricks your body into believing that you are healthy. It allows you to, in many cases, do things you could not do (or not do well) before you started taking it. But, eventually, if you keep on living like you aren't sick, it will catch up with you. It could be a few hours, a day, two days, or two weeks, but it will catch up with you.

My crash came fast. I went to work, ran a few errand, and then went to visit my mother. I was gone all total about five hours. I didn't realize how sick I was until I got pretty bad. I took my Mestinon, then promptly fell asleep. I was exhausted. I slept for about an hour and a half. When I woke up, I was much better. But, I feel as though I am heading into a flair up. In other words, the nap didn't make all of my symptoms go away. Sometimes, if I get a nap in after overdoing things, I will wake up feeling about like I did before the crash hit. I guess time will tell. Tomorrow I plan on staying in bed most of the day.

For those of you who get emails sent to you with my updates I want to apologize for the strange (blank) messages, you probably got the other day. I got a new phone (toy), and I was trying to access my blog. I'm guessing somehow I did something that made the blog fairies think I was actually updating my blog, hence the emails. I have to say I love my phone. I finally got sucked into the Smartphone world and got an Android. I think they have apps for everything. I'm like a kid at Christmas! I'm glad I'm tech savvy, or I would be totally confused. I showed my Mom my phone today, bragging about everything it could do, and she asked if I could still use it to make calls....HA HA! I just love my Mom. The funny thing is, I'm having the most trouble figuring out the phone part of it; I think they call them Smartphones because they make you feel so dumb.

Blessings,
Shari

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world~Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment