Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Quick Update

I have had a cold for the past few weeks, and now, Tim has it now, too. He's having to go to work, which I just can't imagine doing as sick as he is. But, when you're the boss I guess that goes with the territory.

I have made some decisions regarding the hypermobility issue. At first, I was just going to forget about it, but coincidentally, my youngest daughter complained about her knee jumping out of place and how painful it is. So, my plan now is to mention all of this to my PCP when I see him for a recheck for my MG. I found out that the Rheumatologist that I want to see here locally requires a referral. So, he would have to take care of that. I may go back to my old/new (I only saw him once) Rheumy. I have the two issues that he could address arthritis and the hypermobility. My daughter sees her Pediatrician for the last time (*sniff, sniff*) this summer; I plan on bringing it up to him.

I feel like I'm in a holding pattern. I cannot exert any extra energy with having this cold. I went to get my haircut, and I was there for two hours. Then, I went to the grocery. I was just so weak when I got home. I guess I'm going to have to go back to doing almost nothing for a while again.

Both of the graduations are next month, and there is so much that needs to be done. I'm trying not to stress about it all, though, and I am asking for help.

OK, I need to go. I have to try and get another hour or so of work in tonight. I hope to go laptop shopping tomorrow. It's so hard to sit on this hard chair and work on our desktop. It makes me appreciate the set up I have even more than I already do.

Have a good night everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've made a wise decision regarding the hyper-mobility, especially if your daughter is having problems. From what I've read this can run in families.

    I can't imagine sitting in one place for two hours to get my hair done anymore. I went for a cut last week and could barely get out of the chair after about 30 minutes. Do you have any trouble putting your groceries away, or is it just the whole shopping thing?

    Hope you start to feel some improvement soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rachel~As far as the whole putting the groceries away thing, it really depends on the day. Some days I'm fine, some days I'm not.

    I think I am finally on the mend from the cold.

    Stay tuned for an update on the whole hypermobility issues.

    ReplyDelete