Friday, May 27, 2011

Hanging in there (by a thread)

Hello, readers (all five of you). I think this is the longest I've ever gone without updating my blog. I am still not doing very well. I did have two pretty good days this week, and I am so thankful for them.

This morning I was feeling decent enough, and I decided to go to Hobby Lobby. I love Hobby Lobby!! My friend Cindy introduced me to them a few years ago. We could spend hours in there, and we looked at our visits as outings just as you would if you were going to the movies or out to dinner. I think I spent about 45 minutes in there. I'm not quite sure it's so easy to lose track of time when you're there...it's like you are in another dimension. I knew by the time I got out to my car that I was crashing. I felt horrible, but I felt like I needed to go to work. I hadn't been all week, and I knew what I needed to do wouldn't take too long. So, I went. After work, I had planned on stopping by Target. I'm so proud of myself because I'd pulled into the Target parking lot when I realized that I had no business going there, so I turned around and went home.
 
Once I got home, I slept for about two hours. I got up and took a pain pill and slowly started feeling a bit better. I'm so frustrated because there is so much that I, or someone, needs to do around here. Our garbage disposal went out, and the kitchen is a wreck from that mess. Things need to be put back under the sink; someone needs to wash dishes, etc. But, I just cannot do it. Katie had class from 9 until 3; then she went straight to work, and she won't get off until 9. Elizabeth is at work too; she did manage to clean her room and most of the upstairs today after she had graduation practice, but before she went to work. All of the kids have been working so hard. Aaron had a 15 hour day yesterday cleaning up storm damage. I guess my point is I don't feel as if I can ask much more of them, at least not today. So, tomorrow we will work on things. Elizabeth graduates tomorrow morning! I'm so glad her party isn't until next week because it would be hard to get through it this weekend. As it is, I have several graduation parties that I need to attend on Sunday. Her boyfriend and her friend Justine (Cindy's daughter) both have parties that day.

Okay, on to something else. I mentioned Aaron having a long work day yesterday, well we had awful weather here again a few days ago. In fact, they just announced that the National Weather Service confirmed an EF1 tornado touched down here. There are trees down everywhere, and power is still out in many homes. Once again, we were lucky, and we did not lose power. Aaron has to work both tomorrow and Sunday, something he never has to do. He has spent the last three summers working for a tree service. It's dirty, sweaty, hard work, but he makes decent money, and he works with a lot of his friends. I guess he will stay with the tree service until he goes to grad school.

Tonight I'm spending the evening catching up on my TV shows, reading, and just relaxing. I will not worry about everything that I need to do. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment