Monday, December 26, 2011

Long Time No See!

I can't believe it's been nearly a month since I updated my blog. Of course, we all know how crazy things get this time of year. There's the shopping, baking, cleaning, visiting, etc... it's enough to do even a healthy person in. I have to say that I'm doing pretty good at the moment; however, a week or so ago, I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I had this horrible, horrible stomach bug. And, it wasn't enough that it came after me; it also attacked three other family members, only our youngest was spared.

It all started with Katie. She was so bad that I ended up having to take her to the Emergency Room. She's all of 105 pounds and she gets dehydrated so fast. It was a good thing that I took her in because she was dehydrated after getting sick for only a few hours. Poor girl, they had so much trouble getting blood from her. She was that bad. A bag of IV fluids and some meds fixed her right up though. Within a few days our son came down with it, then I did and then Tim. Luckily, we had some of the vomiting meds here that we could take, so it wasn't as bad for the rest of us.

My EDS really flared up though and I honestly thought I'd have a permanent decline. I was so weak and really had difficulty walking. Tim pushed me around the mall in a wheelchair because I just could not walk. Each day I got a little better though and within a few days I was able to go shopping on my own. I am having more joint partial dislocations though and that is discouraging. I think I've shared here before how scary it is when my neck slips out of place. I need to get back to my exercises as I sort of stopped them when I got sick. I really wasn't up to doing them. But, now I think I could handle them again.

I was so grateful that we were all well enough to enjoy Christmas. On Christmas Eve the girls and I baked cookies and made candy. They guys barbecued ribs and chicken on Tim's big smoker. It's become a tradition for us and we all really look forward to the day. In the evening we always go over to Tim's Mom's house to spend time with his six brothers and sisters and their families. Christmas morning we opened our gifts, then enjoyed a big breakfast thanks to Tim.

Well, I think I'm going to end here and get this posted. Happy Holidays to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment