Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Better Days!

I cannot believe how much better I am this week! I'm trying not to do too much, but it's hard. So many things didn't get done last week and I feel as if I should try and get as much done as I can. But, I know I will pay for it later if I do. I've never been very good about pacing myself.

Today I had a bit of the blues. Anytime I get that way it sort of scares me. It takes me back to a few summers ago when I was dealing with a bad depression. Thankfully, I got on a good antidepressant that worked! I think today it's a combination of hormones (Hello Menopause!!), and leftover emotions from last week. Whenever I get this way I have to push myself to get things done. It would be too easy to camp out in our bedroom and veg in front of the TV. I always make to do lists, so I just force myself to start working on the daily tasks. Usually, once I've started, I start to feel better and I go on to get everything done. Some days it's a struggle, but I just try real hard not to let myself give in to the blue mood. I make sure I do something I enjoy once I get my list of things done.

My diet has totally gone out the window this week! Why? It's those darn cute, hard-to-say-no-to, Girl Scouts and their cookies!!! Oh my, I ordered six boxes from the girl down the road and Tim ordered some from another girl who came to our door. If they're here I will eat them. They are just too hard to resist. A long time ago Thin Mints were my favorite. Now, I don't really care that much for them. I'm all for the...wait a minute I have to go see what they are called...I think they are Samoas. Actually, they are called Carmel Delights! I think in other areas they are called Samoas though. They have the chocolate and coconut and Carmel, of course! I think they say something like two is a serving. HA HA! That is just an appetizer. This way of thinking could explain my weight problem.

I don't remember if I mentioned it in my last entry or not, but my knee has really been giving me trouble. It's been popping out of place quite often. Yesterday, I got back from taking the dog for a walk and when I went up the porch step to come in, it popped out of place. Right away, my knee just gave way and I nearly fell. I have a brace here that I can use, but I probably need to go to my knee doctor. My left thumb has also been acting up. It slides out of place off and on too. I'm wondering if the silver ring splints might help. There's just too many things that I need to deal with when it comes to my EDS. Exercises, braces, medicines, doctor's appointments...too much to think about!!!

Well, I need to get some sleep, so I'm going to say goodnight. Sweet dreams!

Shari


"One ceases to recognize the significance of mountain peaks if they are not viewed occasionally from the deepest valleys."
~Dr. Al Lorin

1 comment:

  1. I have began to follow your posts. Sounds like days that I have too. Maybe we're connected somehow, no that would be disconnected, wouldn't it? LOL Hope you get some sleep. I haven't gone to bed (kind of obvious at this hr). I'm having something new, sharp, shooting pain in my left knee, under the kneecap. Just when I think it has stopped and I can go to bed without disturbing my husband, it begins again. Oh well (shakes head and sighs). Nice following you. :)

    ReplyDelete