Sunday, February 5, 2012

Warning: Rant Ahead!!

So, I've been practically bedridden for five days now. I've watched a lot of TV, surfed the net, and facebooked, etc and what I've really noticed is how opinionated people have become. Of course, this is nothing new, but it's so in your face now (thanks facebook). Plus, people have become so, so self-righteous. They are right and your wrong. Period. Of course, right now it's mostly all about politics. By now, you are probably wondering what all of this has to do with chronic illness, or maybe not, maybe you got up to go get your Cheetos and Diet Coke and never came back. Sorry to run you off. Just bear with me though I do have a point or two to make.

I do want to be informed about what is going on in this world. But, I'm a just-the-facts kind of girl. Politically, I consider myself to be pretty much right down the middle in my beliefs. It seems to me that there are very few people who are like that anymore (not that my way is necessarily the right way.) I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's okay if everyone has their own opinion, but we don't have to hate those who don't agree with us. They are entitled to their opinion just as much as we are to ours.To me, all of this bickering just causes more stress. I don't know about you, but I don't need any more stress in my life. I also have a hard time dealing with people who do not educate themselves on the issues and just go along with whatever their news channel of choice, friends or family, tell them to. I want the facts, good and bad, on the health care debate and other issues. In my case, there are very few issues that I am 100% for or 100% against. Does that make me wishy washy? Maybe so. But, I feel that by taking this stance, I'm allowing myself to continually be educated about an issue. Most of the hot button topics evolve over time anyway. I'm glad I enjoy reading because that is what I'll do more of. The only stress there is whether or not I can keep myself from peeking to see how the story ends (which, by the way, I'm finding is much more difficult with an E Reader.) Gee, sorry for going off on a bunny trail there. I suppose my mind is mush at this point.The bottom line is, I want to know, I just want to interpret whatever it is myself. Give me the facts and I'll decide. And, I'll respect your right to do the same.

Whew! Now that I have that out of my system I can move on to the news of the week. The news of the week is that I'm sicker than a dog! Big time sick! Still! It seems as though I'll start to do a bit better, then I'll do too much which will cause me to backslide. And, by doing too much I mean doing things like taking a shower and loading the dishwasher all on the same day! I haven't been to work all week and I've had to take my pain meds every day. Sometimes several times a day. I'm really not liking where I think this is headed. As I think I said in my post earlier in the week, Tim is out of town this week. I purposely haven't told him how bad I am doing. He knows I'm not doing very well, but he doesn't know how bad things really are. There's not much he can do from Indy anyway.

Because of continued pain, weakness, etc, etc I'm afraid I'm going to have to seriously look at taking pain meds on a daily, regularly scheduled basis. If I can perhaps keep the pain from escalating, maybe that would be worth it. When Tim comes home I'm going to talk to him about what we can do to make things easier for me around here. I'm ready to ask for and receive some help. Yes, Cathy, I really am.

Besides my EDS flaring, I've had either the Myasthenia, or possibly my autonomic nervous system acting up. Most of the time, I don't have a whole lot of stamina, but lately, it's been really, really bad. If I try to do too much I get breathless, my heart rate goes up and I get really weak. Honestly, it's sort of scaring me.

So, I suppose I should try and get some sleep (something I haven't been able to get much of lately). Tomorrow, I'll start making phone calls to my various doctors to see what we can do to get me over this bad spell.

Until next time....
Shari

Dream big dreams, then put on your overalls and go out and make the dreams come true.~ Fred Van Amburgh 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Ive had days like this, even wks, then again sometimes months...Anyhow, I appreciate your candor and your taking care of others as you try to take care of you. Just found your blog on Inspire, EDS. BTW, love Elmo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comments. I'm sorry you are dealing with this too. Hopefully, we can help each other by sharing what works for us.

    We had to put Elmo down last June. It was sudden and so sad. He was 13 years old and the kids grew up with him. They named him, can you tell?

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete