Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Quick update

Well, the month is nearly over, which, in my world, means one thing...in less than two weeks I will be 50!!! Woo Hoo! I definitely have mixed feeling about it. Certainly, I'm so thankful to still be here, but I wish I was in better health and able to enjoy my life. Overall, I'm very happy with my life. I have a lot of interests, a few good friends, some awesome doctors, and a wonderful family! I always, always count my many blessings; it makes dealing with an illness so much easier.

Earlier in the month I had my, much dreaded, stress test. Ugh! I cannot tell you how much I dreaded that test!! But, as things usually go, it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd worried about. I did okay. Of course, I could have done better. The doctor chalked it all up to the deconditioning from the EDS. None of the symptoms I'd had during and after the stress test were the same as the ones I get when I crash, which leaves me with no answers (of course I am glad that my heart itself appears to be ok). Now, I have to decide if I'm going to get serious and really pursue the autonomic dysfunction diagnois. I'm thinking I'm going to wait until after the Ehlers Danlos conference in August to make a decision. Maybe I'll learn something there about how to handle these symptoms? I really would like to get an appointment with one of the doctors who is speaking at the conference. They usually have free consultations the day before the conference. If I could speak with one of the doctors who specializes in Autonomic disorders I may get some answers.

So, yesterday I came down with a cold. It has really escalated into a nasty, nasty cold. I have a fever, runny nose, and I cannot stop sneezing. Of course, along with the cold symptoms, come an increase of my EDS symptoms. I don't know why it works that way, but it does. I'm taking it easy and basically just trying to do what has to be done. Katie was nice enough to cook dinner tonight and do a little housework. That made my day!

Okay, that's all I have in me. As  promised, this was a quick update. I'm pooped. It's time to take some more Tylenol and go to bed. 

Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment