Monday, July 9, 2012

Here I Am!!

I know it has been forever since I've updated my blog. Sometimes I feel as if I don't have much to say. Or, at least not much that would interest anyone. I guess I get writers block.

So, I have been doing my best to try and walk. We joined the YMCA again and I've been going along with our youngest. She really encourages me to exercise and eat better. Last week, I was actually able to walk a mile!! Yay me! My excitement was bittersweet though as as soon as I got home I crashed. I hit the bed in pain and exhaustion and slept for several hours. Oh, well, at least I'm trying. I think I'll back it down for a bit though. The thing about exercising when you're chronically ill is that you have to literally do nothing in the day or so leading up to your work out. And, any stress you have on your body (cold, changing hormones, allergies, etc) can make the work outs effect on you even worse. I suppose a healthy person doesn't have these things to worry about, at least not to the extent that those with chronic illness do.

My joints continue to go out more than I do. HA HA! Sorry, bad EDS joke. But, seriously, my knees and elbows are really giving me a hard time. It's making driving rather difficult. And, I don't know whether it's a bad thing or good thing, but when mine dislocate, it doesn't take much for me to pop them back in place, in fact, they usually just pop back in themselves. This morning, however, I woke up with a dislocated shoulder and it doesn't seem to be popping back in to place so easily. I really don't know what to do. I'm considering going to the local orthopedic after hours clinic, but I'm not sure if they can really help. I don't know if it will stay in place or if they will even be able to get it back in place. It's my right shoulder and I'm right handed, so it's making doing things a bit difficult.

Well, it's about a month until the EDNF conference and I'm getting more excited as it's growing closer. I can't wait to learn even more about EDS, to meet others affected by EDS and to just get away for a few days. It's sad, but most of our couples get aways have been for something regarding my health. Oh well, we might as well make the best of it.

It looks like our historic heat wave has come to an end. We had 14 straight days of temperatures over 100. I think the highest it got was 107!! That just blows my mind! We haven't had anything like this in my lifetime; the weather folks are saying not since the 1930's! We've also been in a severe drought, but, thankfully, that too seems to be easing up. They banned personal fireworks, so we had a very quiet fourth of July. I usually just look out our bedroom window to watch the neighbors shoot their's off and they really do put on quite a show. But, thankfully, they obeyed the ruling. I'm guessing they didn't want to take a chance and have a field fire. There's a big field between their house and ours and I can see it going up in flames as dry as it's been. In fact, the firemen and women have been fighting several field fires a week in our area.

I'll try and blog more and I'll for sure try to blog during the conference  to share information for those who are unable to attend. I may even tweet about it!!

Until next time....stay cool and be Happy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment