Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I'm Back!

In case you hadn't noticed, I failed miserably at the month long blogging. I just could not keep up, and  once I got behind, it was just too hard to get back to it again. Still, I'm glad that I participated for the length of time that I did. I also enjoyed reading other health blogs. There's so much that we can learn from each other.

I have decided that I've flip flopped and winter is now harder on me than summer. I am having so much more pain and muscle weakness. I know some of it is my OA, but part of it is due to the colder weather increasing my muscle spasms. I suppose I don't do well in either extreme. Still, as hot as this past summer was, I don't think I did as poorly as I'm doing now. Of course, this time of year is super busy and I know I'm not getting as much rest as I should be. So, that is probably part of the problem.

It's been so long since I've written that I can't remember what I have and haven't talked about. So, sorry if I repeat myself. I went through about a month of PT and I feel as if I now have a good set of exercises to help with strengthening my core and building up my other muscles. I was doing very well with doing them every day, but I sort of had a really bad spell and I have gotten off track. One thing the PT did do my last few visits was to tape up my knees. They slide out of place so easily now. The taping helped so much that I went ahead and ordered some for myself. I'm hoping to be able to use this on my shoulders as they are the area that gives me the most trouble.

The off again on again wheelchair decision has taken another turn. The doctor wrote me a prescription for a wheelchair, but I've waited too long and it's doubtful I could get it covered at 100% this year. I guess I will wait until I meet my deductible next year. On a positive note, I called the nursing home where my mom lives and asked if they had the foot rests to her chair (I have her old one), they said they didn't, but that they had a whole room full of wheelchair parts and I was welcome to bring my chair in so they could possibly find some for me! Yay! How nice is that? I offered to pay them and they said they didn't want any money. I'm going over there tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed that we can find something that works.

This weekend Tim and I are going to Nashville for a night. I'm so excited because we got tickets to the Rockettes' Christmas show. I've always wanted to see them. We are going in the afternoon, so we will have plenty of time to hit the bars in downtown Nashville (I'm hoping to hear and up and coming singer), and tour the Ryman Auditorium. I know I'll be exhausted, but hopefully, I'll have my fixed up wheelchair to take along in case I need it.

I'm going to end here as I have got to get some sleep tonight. I stayed up too late last night. I was reading a Christmas fiction book and I just couldn't put it down. I was in the living room with the Christmas tree lit and Christmas music playing and I was just really feeling peaceful and a little bit of the Christmas spirit. Of course, I feel like I was hit by a truck today, but it was worth it I guess.

Hopefully, I won't wait as long to update next time.

Shari


No comments:

Post a Comment