Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013

Yes, I'm still alive, but not really kicking. I don't feel as if I can get started without saying that my thoughts and prayers go out to all of those in Boston. It's truly a sad, scary situation.

Things have been busy around here. We now have our house up for sale and I spent most of February and March getting it ready. Now, it's just a matter of keeping it clean. Our youngest has decided to move her wedding up a year and it will now take place in July of 2014. Our oldest is going to go to grad school this fall  some 20 hours away in New Hampshire. So, yes, things are definitely crazy for us at the moment.

I'm continually pushing myself (see above), which causes me to have some very painful, weak days. I'm hopeful that I can step back a bit and take it easy now that most of the work on the house is done. I haven't had any doctor's appointments lately, but I need to set a few of them up. A month or so ago we received a letter in the mail from Cincinnati's Children's Hospital stating that our insurance company was going to drop them as a provider. This is where our Geneticist is located. The letter was several pages long and had rather specific instructions of what I could do to possibly prevent this from happening. Honestly, I don't have the energy to do anything. This may just be what pushes me to switch back to Dr. Tinkle, who left Cincy and is now in Chicago. I  have some decisions and phone calls to make regarding this possible move. It doesn't just concern me as my daughters need care too.

I'm not quite sure when I can work any appointments in this summer as we are going to Washington D.C. and New York in June and, then, in August we will be moving our son up to New Hampshire. Still, I know that our medical care is important, so I'll do my best. Our son needs to get a physical, eye exam and dental cleaning and check up before he leaves town. And, of course, the rest of us have our routine exams too. It's just those extra appointments that complicate things.

Oh, I got my material from EDSers United! I'm so excited about distributing the materials. I'm not sure when I will get to that, but I will get it done.

I'll end here because, honestly, I have nothing else to say.

Stay healthy, happy and safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment