Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 10, 2013

We are in our new home! We've been here a week and we just have a few rooms left to get in order. I pushed myself for a month to get ready and make the move and I think it's starting to affect me both physically and emotionally. I feel like I have PMD... Post Moving Depression (if there isn't such a thing there should be!) There's so much to do and I just can't get it done.I have no motivation and physically I'm not doing as well as I was. I guess the adrenaline that got me through the last month is gone. A tip for those of you who have a move in your future: Have a box (or two or three) set aside with things you will need the first few days after the move. Include clothing, medications (I did do that), phone and laptop chargers, personal care items, cleaning supplies and any other things you might need to find in a hurry. The morning after we moved, hubby and I spent some time looking for his dress shoes (we did eventually find them in a box in the garage.) It didn't really take that long to find them, but it was a preventable and unnecessary stress.

Regarding my newest diagnosis...I found out that one of the doctors I saw, several years ago, in Indianapolis is actually a part of the MDA clinic. I sent an email regarding scheduling an appointment and within five minutes I heard back from them. Of course, I didn't have my phone with me, so I didn't get to speak with the scheduler. But, I now have a number to call and since I saw him before I don't need a referral. I'm hoping to get in sometime in mid to late August. I guess I'm starting on yet another leg of this health journey. This is not a trip I want to be taking. But, it is what it is and all I can do is deal with things as they come along.

I've been spending a lot of my down time on Pinterest. Here's a link to my board regarding chronic illness.
http://pinterest.com/zebramom23/sickness-health/. I love, love Pinterest. Here's a description of the site (in case you've never visited) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinterest. It is very fun and addictive. You've been warned.

Well, it's time to unpack another box. Be well.
Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment