Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Final Countdown

We are just five days away from the wedding! My plans were to take it easy all of this week so that the day of the wedding wouldn't send me to the hospital. Today, I had to go out and look for shoes (again.) I'm not sure why I waited until the last minute, but I did. I brought my shopping good luck charm, aka Elizabeth. We only had to go to two places before we found a pair of nice shoes. I told a friend I needed to find a comfortable, low heeled, but stylish pair that didn't look like it was for the geriatric crowd. These were a bit higher than I wanted, but they are super cute. They are silver, which wasn't my first choice. But, Elizabeth convinced me that silver would look good with my dress. She was right. I paid a bit more for them than I would have liked, but I don't buy shoes very often and when I do, I don't typically spend more than thirty dollars. These were sixty, which really isn't that expensive. Anyway, that's one thing I can cross off my list. The next thing I have to get done is scanning, printing and framing pictures for a table at the reception. A word of advice for anyone who may be planning on several children close in age: Please be sure to get some pictures of each child individually. We were so bad about that. Our older two were only 15 months apart, so we have so many of the two of them together, but not very many of them by themselves. It wouldn't be the end of the world if I displayed a picture of Aaron with one (or both) of his sisters, but it's his special day and I want pictures of just him. I will have several with his fiance, of course. I have already started on this project, but I'm at the point that I need to start scanning and I hate scanning. So, I'm going to put it off until tomorrow; then, I have to get it done. I'll need to go pick them up as I'll probably send the pics to CVS to be printed. Then, I'll have to get some picture frames. So much for resting this week. I know to most people all of this doesn't really sound like a whole lot, but for someone with a chronic illness it really is. The next time there's a wedding in the family I'm going to make sure I get everything done at least a week or two before I need to. Of course, the next wedding will be one of our daughters and I'm sure I'll have even more to do as the mother of the bride.

I've been so, so tired and I'm not sleeping very well at night. Not getting enough sleep makes my symptoms so much worse. I've been missing my afternoon naps and that is only adding to the problem. I really need those naps. I've been able to get by for nearly a week without any pain medication. I'm sure after this weekend that won't be the case. I am really concerned about how I'll do. I think I've just put it out of my mind because I really don't want to think about it. I want to have happy thoughts about that day. But, the reality is, it might be very hard for me to physically to make it through the day. I have to be at the church for pictures at 3:00 p.m., the wedding starts at 4:00 p.m., the reception starts at about 6:00 p.m. We have the reception hall until midnight. I doubt if I'll be there that long, but I'm sure someone in the family will. I'm just going to do the best I can. Rest if I need to and take my medication when needed. And, say a lot of prayers. Remind me of this, okay?

On the medical front, I got an email from Dr Goldenthal (the one who does the buccal swab testing), letting me know that he'd received my shipment. I emailed him back asking how much more I owed him for the testing (I had to send a $200 check with my tests); I was pleasantly surprised when he said I wouldn't owe anything more that the $200. I thanked him for all he was doing for those of us who are searching for a diagnosis. I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my last update or not, but I had to ship the tests back overnight and it was so expensive! I think if I would have used a smaller box it would have saved me a lot of money. So, if anyone reading this does the same testing, make sure you find as small of a box as you can. I had to send it back on some freezer packs in a insulated type lunch box. The lunch box probably could have been flattened out to fit in a much smaller box, saving me a lot of money. Learn from my mistake.

I started this entry last night, so now it is four days until the wedding! Now, I have to get with it and do some scanning. Wish me luck!

I'll leave you with this ecard. It made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment